From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
Position Summary: The primary job responsibilities of the Supply Technician is responsible to ensure all out-bound equipment is properly maintained and in working condition. This position also ensures all ambulances and designated ambulance posts are stocked to standardized inventory levels. Supply Technicians also maintain warehouse inventory supplies to ensure additional supplies and equipment are fully stocked. This positions has daily contact with the ambulance crews, management, Fleet personnel, and the Dispatch center.
Night shift 1800-0600
• Completes a daily walk-through of the department to ensure that supplies are properly stocked with working durable equipment at all times (i.e. monitors, gurneys, pagers, portables).
• Troubleshoots most durable equipment (monitors, suction units, blood pressure cuffs, stethoscopes).
• Maintains accurate records of all preventive maintenance and repairs for durable equipment.
• Sends out broken equipment in a timely manner to the appropriate vendor and track the process.
• Returns all equipment that is under warranty in a timely manner and makes a request for replacement.
• Checks in all equipment from field crews.
• Ensures all medical supplies are scanned to the appropriate unit/department.
• Inventories narcotics regularly to ensure accurate counts (if applicable).
• Receives and stocks incoming shipments from vendors.
• Assists with quarterly perpetual inventories.
• Performs the courier route as needed.
• Maintains a neat and tidy work area – internally and externally.
• Cleans and disinfects equipment and/or ambulances before they are put back into service.
• Answers incoming phone calls (internal and external).
• Perform other job related duties as assigned by management. Compliance
• Requires a clean driving report acceptable by Company standards.
• Logs events and information daily either manually or electronically.
• Maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all appropriate OSHA standards, company policies and local standard operating procedures.
• Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
• Ensures and inspects paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
• Responsible for escalating concerns regarding questionable paperwork to appropriate management.
• Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
• Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
• Participates in all Company required training, including OSHA, annual training, and mandatory Company updates.
• Completes all required training within the Company allotted time frame.
• Maintains knowledge about job position and EMS field.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritize work assignments
• Willing to work weekends and holidays
Educational Requirements :
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical Duty Officer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to bend/stoop, push, pull, lift, and climb. Occasionally: Work at heights. Frequently: Lifting and carrying Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, legible handwriting.
Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment. Frequently: Problem solving, simple and complex multi tasking, reasoning. Constantly: Ability to follow simple and complex written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, speaks, and understands English. Stress Factors: Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure. Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks Equipment Operated: Occasionally: Ambulance and other company owned vehicles Frequently: Computer Constantly: Company owned cell phone, company owned communication equipment.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Occasionally: Inside/Outside Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day. Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture. The Company is a 365, 24/hr per day, 7 day per week operation. Evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Closing Statement: This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need. Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v. EEO including Veterans and Disabled.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.