From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
The primary job responsibilities of the Communication Supervisor are to supervise the day-to-day operation of the Dispatch Center, provide supervision and evaluation of dispatchers.
· Maintain a control center plan, which will maintain response compliance within contractual obligations, and submit reports on the company’s ability to meet contractual obligations.
· Make prompt and accurate judgments related to system status management.
· Interpret and apply the department’s policies and procedures to employees, visitors, government agencies, etc.
· Complete forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc. related to response time compliance including maintaining run, demand analysis, and utilization reports.
· Evaluate employee performance.
· Monitor, report, and correct safety hazards in all building areas.
· Submit accident an incident reports to upper management immediately in emergency situations and within twenty-four hours of non-emergency situations.
· Review departmental complaints and grievances from personnel, patients, visitors, etc., and make written reports to upper management of action to be taken for correction.
· Meet with and solicit recommendations from departmental improvement from other department supervisors.
· Maintain good communication with Controllers, First Responders, law enforcement officers, patients, and the patient’s relatives. Refer difficult and conflicting interactive situations to upper management.
· Must be proficient on all the work areas of the dispatch center.
Human Resource Management
· Ensure full employment within the market and work hand-in-hand with HR to ensure that positions are filled quickly and that quality candidates are hired and retained.
· Provide direction to direct reports to initiate appropriate levels of training, and to promote an environment consistent with Rural/Metro culture throughout the market.
· Works effectively with Administrative Support to ensure a detailed, organized and highly efficient market approach.
· Support Corporate initiatives
· Responsibilities include directing work, appraising performance, regarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Participate in recruiting and training certain positions.
· Liaison to field operations with respect to understanding Company Health & Safety initiatives.
· Ensure that the group provides outstanding customer service and 24 hour response time to the field.
· Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
· Ensure that employees all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance.
· Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans.
· Attend all Company required OSHA training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates. Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
· Maintain knowledge of job and medical field.
· Keep current on training for new equipment, procedures, and techniques.
The Communication Supervisor may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assist with the completion of appropriate forms and reports that are not considered essential functions.
· Designate a replacement when appropriate.
· Inventory and request needed supplies to perform department tasks.
· Attend all required Manager meetings.
· Maintains a high profile as a knowledge mentor, motivator and lead by-example staff leader.
· Perform other job related duties as assigned by the Communications Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
· Excellent analytical skills and quality orientation-strives for continuous improvement in all activities to consistently achieve excellent results and meet or exceed department expectations.
· Computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and understanding of database programs.
· Typing 40 wpm (minimum).
· Ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
· Highly dependable and ability to meet internal deadlines consistently, ability to work with other departments and meet their deadlines as well.
· Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
· Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
· Ability to work independently as well as in groups.
· Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s Driving Policy.
· Innovative and resourceful, embraces innovation and change as healthy and a source of opportunity. Ability to be a “change-agent.” Generates new ideas and approaches to solve problems and creates business opportunities while maximizing existing resources.
· Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
· One to three years supervising a staff of at least 5 people.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
EEO including Veterans and Disabled.